Mari Boine - Gula Gula (Hear the Voices of the Foremothers) - CD
In 1988 Mari Boine makes a big splash and agrees to compose music for a theatrical performance for the newly founded National Theatre of the Sami People.
There she hooks up with the young free-spirited rock guitarist Roger Ludvigsen and together they embark on a long musical journey.
In 1989 Mari Boine releases “Gula Gula” which is the music commissioned for the Sami Theatre. “Gula Gula” – hear the voices of the foremothers has an obvious feminist message. This newer version of the album from 2005 includes bonus tracks and a remix of the title song.
1. Gula Gula – Hear the Voices of the Foremothers – Hør Stammødrenes Stemme 03:44
2. Vilges Suola – White Thief – Hvite tyv 04:13
3. Balu Badjel Go Vuoittãn – When I Win Against Fear – Når Jeg Vinner Over Angsten 04:06
4. Du Lahka – Near You 05:23
5. It Šat Duolmma Mu – You Don’t Step on Me no More 03:56
6. Eadnán Bákti – To Woman – Klippen – Til Kvinnen 03:25
7. Oppskrift For Herrefolk – Recipe for a Master Race – Hearrãid Vouhki 03:55
8. Duinne – To You – Til Deg 06:36
9. Oarbbis Leat – Fremmed Fugl 05:34
10. Cuovgi Liekkas – Radiant Warmth – Strålende Varme 04:12
11. Gula Gula – Chilluminati Mix 04:48
Media Type: 1x CD - Digipack
Release date: 2005
Genre: World Music
Subscribe to the Nordic Music Merch newsletter and be the first to receive new offers and discounts.